Tuesday, May 26, 2009

YOURS TRULY.. HARD AT WORK



Here I set.. in front of our computer at our Cabin In The Woods of Northern Michigan. The PC is setting on a walnut computer desk I built from lumber logged out of my Grandpa Burt's woods down in Ohio. Grandpa pass away March 22, 1970... he was 86 years old. The logs were cut, rough sawn and the lumber dried several years prior to 1970, while he was still in good health and able to work in the woods.

You will notice on my right is a photo of two favorite people of mine.. President George Bush and his lovely wife Laura. I look at their photo several times a day and mentally give "Thanks" to them both for their good morals and to President Bush for keeping us safe here at home, following the disaster of 9-11. The Liberal Media never liked him.. but, he was and still is a Great President!!

Ginnie and I both love our computers... the desktop here at home and the laptop we carry with us in our RV. Our life, our family and our friends revolve around them. Family and friends scatted all over the world are seconds away. I have to chuckle to myself how our oldest daughter Laurie talked us into getting our first computer back in 1996 when I retired. We were so green to computers, we had to ask how to turn our first one on! Now here I set.. composing my blog!

We are both approaching 75 years of age and have to marvel at the changes we have seen so far in our lifetimes. What more can possibly be invented??? I guess time will tell and we will be standing in line waiting to try it out.

Yes... we have been BLESSED!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh that guy in the picture is sure handsome. I love my Dad so much. I enjoy reading your blog and check every day to see if there is a new post or not.

    Hey......

    How come you don't have a picture of Barack and Michelle on your desk Pop?

    ReplyDelete