Sunday, June 21, 2009

SUCH A SAD FATHER'S DAY FOR ME...




This day (Father's Day) the day that is a happy day for most men, is a very sad and trying day for me. I am sure by now you are wondering why I would make a statement such as this.

The day started off just wonderful... emails, cards, chats and phone calls from my two wonderful daughters. Ginnie gave me a card with two candy bars.. told me how much she loved me and asked which of my favorite dishes she could fix for me. Sounds like a perfect day doesn't it... It was, until Ginnie got the camera out and took my picture.. with my trusty dog Sparky in one hand and my remote control in the other. Then, as I was looking at the picture I suddenly realized this would be my last Father's Day in my trusty old chair after decades of being together.

Both Ginnie and the kids have been trying to talk me into a new chair and getting rid of the old one for several weeks now. I started having back problems and when I when to my Chiropractor Doctor Cherie I had a suspicion there was a conspiracy going on between her and Ginnie. Out of no where, she asked... are you setting in and old chair that is broken down and worn out??? How would she have known about my chair, had Ginnie not blabbed to her???

Well anyway, against my better judgment I got dragged two different days to three different furniture stores to pick out a new chair. When I signed the order for the new chair I felt like I just sentenced and old friend to certain death! You see, in about three or for weeks that new chair will be delivered and the old one has to go.

Yes... I am sad... that old chair... my Throne and I will never spend another Father's Day together......

1 comment:

  1. You are so silly and so cute!!! all wrapped up into one!

    ReplyDelete